Meet Jay Reidsma
Candidate for Tuscarora Township Clerk
Jay and his wife Mary are current residents of Indian River for the past 7 years and property owners for the past 32 years.
Jay and his wife Mary are very active volunteers in the community.
- Jay and Mary sponsored collection of clothes, hats, mittens and donations for Kids of need within the community in conjunction with Fraternal Order of Eagles (FOE), and Inland Lakes Public Schools.
- Jay and Mary assisted with the Snowmobile rides for the Blind. sponsored with Inland Lakes Snowmobile Club (ILSC) & FOE.
- Jay spent significant time with pre-season snowmobile trail clean-up, especially after the wind storm damage, sponsor ILSC.
- Jay and Mary picked up trash on shoulders of Straits Highway, sponsored by ILSC.
- Jay and Mary were Bell Ringer's for Salvation Army during the Holidays, sponsored by ILSC.
- Mary helped plant flowers for Downtown with the Women’s Club.
- Jay and Mary made significant donations made to the Catholic Shrine.
- Jay was Assistant Scoutmaster for BSA Troop #1037 for 3-4 years, including summer camps as Merit Badge Counselor.
Jay is a retired GM engineer and senior executive. He has used these skills in his 40+ year career at General Motors where he had many assignments in both body engineering as well as business cross functional processes. Jay’s technical and process skills were used to improve quality, cost, and performance metrics in GM’s vehicle products & business processes with a goal of total customer satisfaction.
Jay has a BSME degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Electrical Engineering from Kettering University (GMI) and a Masters of Science in Management from Oakland University. During his days in scouting, he attained the rank of Eagle and was an Assistant Scoutmaster.
Jay’s and wife, Mary, a retired Dentist enjoys all outdoor activities offered in Northern Michigan, book clubs, and charitable activities with different clubs.
Jay has two children, Christopher (27) and Emma (30).