A Message from Jay Reidsma
Please take some time to review our web site to learn about the many issues facing our township. We have a lot of work to do and I am committed to improving government for all of us.
Please take the poll on the “Meet Jay” page and tell me your concerns. Or contact me directly by email at email@example.com.
We need your help. You can volunteer, donate or place a yard sign. Together, we can move our township forward. I ask for your vote for Tuscarora Township Clerk in the Republican Primary on August 2nd.
What I stand for
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Township Transparency
- Township Efficiency
I will work hard to bring clean government to the Clerk’s Office and the Township. I will:
- Address all 2021 audit deficiencies. See deficiencies: (click here) See the MI Dept of Treasury letter (click here)
- Develop proper checks and balances
- Follow a proper budget process
- Standardize financial reporting
- Address underfunded police pension liability
- Use the Township web page to post financial data
- Publicly review Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest commitments at Board meetings
- Ensure election integrity to make sure everyone’s vote counts
- Develop and integrate best business processes and practices
- Ensure Township Board meetings are properly prepared in advance